Prize: Rs. 4000/-
Dates: 22nd - 25th October 2021
Abstruse is an online cryptic hunt which poses as a mind-boggling challenge for any problem solver. It is a four day event full of cryptic puzzles and conundrums covering a wide spectrum of topics. Hosted on the main website of siNUsoid, the participants can use any tool to solve the problem. Based on a spectrum of topics : from prehistory to the future, from technology to pop culture and many more, cryptic hunt requires the participant to solve different levels using hints from different parts of the page. The one to solve maximum number of questions in the minimum time wins.
Rules & Regulations
- Answers shouldn’t be shared with other participants. If this practice is found to occur, the involved participants shall be disqualified.
- This event shall have only Individual gameplay.
- One can proceed to the next question only after solving the current question.
- Hints will be given by the curators when required. Participants are encouraged to not to ask for hints voluntarily.
- The contestant who solves the maximum number of questions is declared the winner.
- The decision of the organizers in declaring the results will be final. No queries in this regard will be entertained.
Abstruse gave me the opportunity to experience what "Tickling the brain" truly meant. I think this was by far the most challenging event I took part in, amongst all the other events. The questions were constructed in a way that they really made me grind myself over the answers. It does take time to get the question right but in the end the reward makes it all worthwhile. Looking forward to next year.